Wednesday 25 December 2013

Unsurprisingly Kew Gardens Has Monkey Puzzle Trees!

My lovely girlfriend Nathalie recently went to the magnificent Kew Gardens as part of her RHS course that she is studying for. I of course pestered her endlessly to check whether or not they had any Monkey Puzzle trees there and if so could she take some photos for me. With hindsight I could have simply checked their website and discovered that yes they do have a Monkey Puzzle tree  - http://www.kew.org/plants-fungi/Araucaria-araucana.htm - in fact they have a number of them:


Location Of Monkey Puzzle Tees At Kew Gardens (Red Markers)

However, as explained before, I will only count all of these trees as one tree to see until I actually see them, at which point I will count them individually as trees seen.

Still my pestering was worthwhile as it resulted in these two photos of the tree planted at Kew in 1978.
Kew Gardens - Not Yet Seen

Kew Gardens - Not Yet Seen
Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 4        Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment