Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Biggest Monkey Puzzle Tree I've Ever Seen!

On the last day at work before the Easter holidays a colleague approached me in a very excited state, she preceded to tell me that the other night she'd seen a Monkey Puzzle tree near Victoria Park! She then showed me a photo she'd taken on her phone to show me the tree, which looked a very nice tree indeed. I soon had Google maps open and in no time we'd located the tree using Streetview, which happens to be very close to where I keep Bees in Mile End.

I was in the process of thanking her for the tenth time when another colleague happened to hear our conversation as she passed by. Unlike my first colleague this one was unaware of my passion for Monkey Puzzle trees and told me that their was an incredibly impressive one near where she lived. Now I knew that this couldn't be too far from where I lived as I'd seen her cycling round the area on a few occasions. So I naturally asked where this tree was and was told in St Georges Avenue in Tuffnell Park, which happenes to be a 5 minute walk from my flat!

So in the space of 10 minutes I had 2 more local trees to see and started making plans of which to see first. As it was the nearest (and biggest) I first headed off to Tufnell Park and despite being told of its size I was till taken aback to be met by such a large beautiful tree!



The Biggest Monkey Puzzle Tree I've Ever Seen (N2)
I have to say this Monkey Puzzle tree is by far the biggest one I've ever had the pleasure to see. It literally towers over the adjacent building and must be at least 100 years old. It also had produced cones but they didn't appear to be fertilised but I can't say this for certain due to my lack of knowledge in this area. I can't even tell whether it's a male or female tree but I plan to do a bit of research into this and will investigate this lovely tree further.

What A Tree!


Simply Stunning!

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 12       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment