Wednesday 26 March 2014

Monkey Puzzle Tree Birthday Surprises Part 3 Of 3

Pressie 2

So, to recap my birthday, I now have some actual Monkey Puzzle tree seeds and have been to a pub called The Monkey Puzzle that has a real Monkey Puzzle tree in its beer garden. This had left me in possibly the best mood ever, I really believed nothing else could improve what had turned out to be a brilliant 49th birthday.  But oh how wrong was I......

After getting back to Nathalie's from the pub I was told that I wasn't under any circumstances to look in her bedroom. It didn't occur to me what possible reason she was saying this, except maybe she had another man stashed in there but I was happy to oblige. Once we had settled I was told that in the bedroom was my last birthday surprise and I could now go and get it, I immediately scurried off to find out what was awaiting me. Never thinking for a minute what I was likely to find I threw open the door to discover, sitting on Nat's bed, the most adorable little Monkey Puzzle Tree! 


I still don't know how I didn't explode in a mix of happiness and excitement as I was totally blown away with my little tree. I immediately began to barrage Nat with questions, where did she get it? How she had hid it from me? How old was it? Though I never bothered to ask why she bought me it as that kind of went with out saying. The answers I got were, she got it online, a friend had tree-sat for her till my birthday and it was 4 years old. Naturally, I was immediately besotted with my new tree and spent the rest of the night gazing at it lovingly.

So for the first time since I was young I had my very own Monkey Puzzle tree the big question now is, where am I going to plant it? You see as I live in a 2nd floor flat and I have no access to a garden where I can plant it, I am now having to think about where I can find a permanent home for my little tree. Until then I have a plan of where it can live and will post an update once it's at its new home.

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 10       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment