Tuesday 13 May 2014

A Lovely Hackney Monkey Puzzle Tree & Another To See

A week after visiting the huge Monkey Puzzle tree in Tufnell Park I headed off to Victoria Park in Hackney to see the other tree I'd been told about by a work colleague. It didn't take long to locate it thanks to the previous use of Google Streetview and I have to say the Monkey Puzzle actually was a lot bigger than I'd been anticipating. As the pictures show it is a very pretty tree and seems to be thriving in what is a rather traffic heavy road. What surprised me more is that I'd travelled past this tree on numerous occasions when returning by bus from Beekeeping. It only goes to show if you keep your head buried in a book or using your smartphone then the chances are you will miss what's going on all around you and in this case I missed a Monkey Puzzle tree.

A Really Lovely Monkey Puzzle Tree

Surprisingly Bigger Than I Was Expecting (E5)

It was around this time I was sent a text by my mate DD telling me that he and his wife Zoe had spotted a Monkey Puzzle tree whilst driving through West London, so it looks like I'll have to be heading West again soon.


Old Oak Road (W6) - Yet To Be Seen (Google Street View)


Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 13       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment