Friday 23 January 2015

Xmas Trees To See

Over Xmas I was delighted to receive 2 text messages from friends telling me of locations of Monkey Puzzle trees. The first is in Sevenoaks and was passed onto me by Miriam who is lucky enough to live next door to a lovely Monkey Puzzle tree, a picture of which I've added below.


New Sevenoaks Monkey Puzzle Tree (TN3)

Original Sevenoaks Monkey Puzzle Tree

The second tree was provided by my mate David Dixon and is located way down in Bodmin! So it looks like a trip West will be in order at some point. I love the fact that this tree has been utilised as an Xmas tree!


Bodmin Xmas Monkey Puzzle Tree
These two new trees have made me realise that I am aware of a number of other Monkey Puzzle trees, such as the tallest, oldest in the UK etc. that I need to visit at some point, so I'll be posting a list of these in the near future. For now I've updated the Quest's map and the count.


Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 48       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment