Wednesday 3 September 2014

7 Days, So Many Monkey Puzzle Trees! Part 2

So after my unbelievable day out in North London resulting in me seeing three more Monkey Puzzle trees I little suspected that the very next day I would repeat this brilliant achievement. Nathalie had promised me a surprise afternoon trip during my holidays so when she picked me up the next afternoon, with only the instruction being to bring my camera I just didn't know what to expect. As we headed further out of North London it came to me in a flash where we were heading! Nat had often told me about the huge Monkey Puzzle tree they had in east Finchley Cemetery and it was indeed to there that we were heading.

I have to say the Cemetery is an amazing place full of mature specimens of a variety of beautiful trees and the Monkey Puzzle tree near the centre of the Cemetery was certainly one of the best ones I've ever seen. It stands so proudly amongst the other trees , with a beautiful shape and size that does the species proud.


East Finchley Cemetery- Tree 1 (N5)

East Finchley Cemetery- Tree 1

East Finchley Cemetery- Tree 1

As we were leaving the Cemetery we realised that we had actually missed another Monkey Puzzle tree by the entrance. A smaller tree than the first but still a very nice tree indeed.


East Finchley Cemetery- Tree 2 (N6)

As we had missed this one at first I had a look around just in case we'd missed any others and to both my delight and horror we had. On the opposite side of the chapel from the second tree was indeed another Monkey Puzzle tree but sadly this poor tree was dying! It looked so much like my Monkey Puzzle tree after the idiots next door had killed it that it was quite upsetting.

East Finchley Cemetery- Tree 3 (N-X1)

Still at the end of the day I had managed to see 3 more trees and it wasn't long before I was feeling pretty good! I never imagined for one moment that my Monkey Puzzle tree count was going to be added to so quickly.....

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 22       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 5


No comments:

Post a Comment