Wednesday 3 September 2014

7 Days, So Many Monkey Puzzle Trees! Part 3

So the following Friday, having seen 6 monkey Puzzle trees in such a short space of time me and Nathalie headed off for a weekend camping at the Broadstairs Folk Week. Our journey down to Broadstairs was a bit of a nightmare as the clutch on our van (Geoff) decided that the M2 was the perfect place to finally give up the ghost. What could have ended of our weekend away before it had really begun was rescued by the wonderful man from the RAC who managed to find a garage near Whitstable Bay which is very close to Broadstairs that could replace the clutch by Saturday lunchtime. With the help of our lovely RAC man we left Geoff at the garage and jumped on a train from Whitstable Bay to Broadstairs. As we approached Broadstairs Station I was looking out of the window of the train when I spotted a lovely Monkey Puzzle Tree in one of the roads running next to the line!


Broadstairs - Tree 1 (CT38)

We had an absolutely brilliant time at the Festival and on the last night we decided to check out one or two of the pub gigs that they put on. As we ambled along to the first pub Nathalie suddenly stopped and asked me had I seen what was to my left, being pretty 'special' sometimes I looked at the roof of the house on my left and asked what was so special about the gull sitting there? Nat shook her head and told me to look a bit lower, there to my surprise was another Monkey Puzzle tree.


Broadstairs - Tree 2 (CT39)

Before we left Broadstairs on the Monday we drove to where we'd seen the first tree to get a photo. I pulled over Geoff opened the window and took a picture with my phone. As I was taking the photo the guy cleaning the windows noticed what I was doing and proceeded to climb down his ladder to enquire what we were up to. I explained how much I loved Monkey Puzzle trees and told him about my Quest and to my surprise he burst out laughing and told me if I liked this one there was an even bigger one round the corner where he also cleans the windows! With the directions given we then went on to see this lovely Monkey Puzzle tree.


Broadstairs - Tree 3 (CT40)

So ended the most fruitful week of Monkey Puzzle tree spotting since my Quest began and I can honestly say I was totally blown away with my success.

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 25       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment