Tuesday 10 February 2015

A Saturday Of Monkey Puzzle Tree Heaven

Thanks to the recently discovered Monkey Map I realised that there were 4 new Monkey Puzzle trees to be seen that are quite local to me. So on Saturday I jumped into Nathalie's van Geoff and headed due East to Victoria Park to see the first 3 trees. Whilst there I planned to photograph the tree I had only seen as I had driven past a couple of times before. I was very excited as this would mean that I had passed the half century mark of Monkey Puzzle trees seen since I began my quest, a fact made especially sweet as I will soon be 'celebrating' my 50th year on Planet Earth.


Victoria Park (E1)

Victoria Park (E2)

Victoria Park (E3)

Victoria Park (E2, E3 & E1)

Victoria Park (E4)
Victoria Park (E4)




After photographing these four trees it was time to head off to Shoreditch Park to photograph a tree I'd also only seen driving past. The park is not that inspiring with large sections of the open space fenced off, which I can only assume is to let the grass regrow, however the presence of a very sweet Monkey Puzzle tree more than makes up for this.

Shoreditch Park (N3)

After Shoreditch Park I returned Geoff to Camden, had a quick cup of tea and then jumped onto a number 27 bus to Marylebone. It didn't take me too long to find the next Monkey Puzzle tree I was looking for, which lives in Paddington Street Gardens.

Paddington Street Gardens (W1)

After spending some time admiring such a beautiful tree I decided that as I was in walking distance of the Monkey Puzzle tree pub in Paddington there was no better way to celebrate passing 50 Monkey Puzzle trees seen than a quick pint in my favourite named pub. It also meant I could take some more pictures as the last time I was there it was night and I only had my phone with me.

Monkey Puzzle Pub (W5)
Monkey Puzzle Pub (W5)


Monkey Puzzle Pub (W5)

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 52       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 15

No comments:

Post a Comment