Friday 6 February 2015

Another Monkey Puzzle Blog & A Site Update

Having just discovered one Monkey Puzzle blog I found through it another that is dedicated to listing Monkey Puzzle trees in Kent - Monkey Puzzle Tree Club - they have produced a book with photos and locations of 103 trees in Kent. I will be getting a copy but will first wait until after my birthday next month.

Anyone who has checked this blog before might have noticed a minor change to the site. I have added a link above to a companion blog I have just set up called The Monkey Puzzle Tree Nut - Monkey Map Catalogue. The inspiration comes from the brilliant Monkey Map catalogue site, it seemed like a good idea to have a place where people could see all the Monkey Puzzle trees I have seen in one easily accessible place, the built in template of Blogger is so much easier to use than my own 'Trees Seen So Far' page, which at some point in the future may be quietly retired. I have included a link back to the relevant blog post for each tree so that people can read a bit about how/when I first saw the tree in question.

Lastly I thought I'd share a picture Nathalie took of me when we visited Kew Gardens last year to see their magnificent Monkey Puzzles. I think it nicely sums up how nutty I can get when surrounded by my favourite trees!


A True Monkey Puzzle Nut!

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 48       Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 15

No comments:

Post a Comment