Tuesday 28 January 2014

Another Local Monkey Puzzle To See And A Dilemma Resolved

The other day I was given a photograph by Nathalie of a sweet little Monkey Puzzle Tree that resides in one of her client's back garden. Hopefully I will be allowed to join her when she's working there in the future and then I'll be able to say hello to this cute little tree.


However, this new tree discovery brought to the fore a dilemma I was having with this blog and has made me have to think of ways of addressing it. The problem is that even though I can't imagine many (if any) people will be bothered about checking any of the Monkey Puzzle Trees I mention here there is a possibility, no matter how unlikely, that one day someone will decide to try and visit one or more of the trees featured. When it comes to Monkey Puzzle Trees that are in public spaces like Regents Park and Hyde Park this is obviously not an issue but some of the trees are going to be in places where there is no public access like private gardens or where an admission is charged to enter the location, such as Kew Gardens.

So to prevent a number of angry residents complaining about people traipsing through their private spaces and to avoid upsetting potential Monkey Puzzle Tree spotters by sending them on what would effectively be a wild goose chase, I have decided to retrospectively start a labelling system. From now on the location of all the Monkey Puzzle Trees I blog about will be categorised depending on their location in respect to both Private/Public, Free/Charged etc. I have also decided when a tree is in a private location which requires permission to gain to access then the location details both here and on the Map Of My Quest will be more generic rather than specific.

These are the categories I intend to use from now on, I will add any other categories as and when I think of them:
  • Public Space (free public access)
  • Admission Charge (access to public with charge)
  • Private (no public access)
  • Private Front Garden (viewable from public space)
  • Private Rear Garden (viewable from public space)
  • Private Front Garden (Restricted View) (viewable from public space)
  • Private Rear Garden (Restricted View) (viewable from public space)

Monkey Puzzle Trees Seen - 8        Monkey Puzzle Trees Yet To See - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment